Saturday, December 18, 2010

I like folk tales

I like folk tales because each tale is from a culture. I especially like tales authors make up in a totally new thing or way. For example, Grace Lin's Where the Mountain Meets the Moon. And especially when the author puts alot of little stories in one very cool adventure in one very thick book. Like I said, Where the Mountain Meets the Moon.

Please comment, argue and laugh. (Just kidding.)

2 comments:

  1. JN,
    It is interesting to read folktales from different cultures and think about what they tell us about that culture. And sometimes it is interesting to notice how folktales change when they go from one culture to another...or how they stay the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I enjoy reading the same tale told from different cultures, and thinking about why they might be different from one another.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.