Saturday, October 23, 2010

The journey for the One Ring

Hello to all, I want to recommend The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien even though I didn't finish it. It is about a man named Bilbo Baggins who goes in search for the One Ring. I think the evil person who wants the ring so bad is somebody named Sauron. I haven't finished it but, you can ask B.K. how good the beginning is!

25 comments:

  1. i saw the lord of the rings it's i think rated R so i saw it with my parents

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Hobbit when I read it (a long time ago). I'm curious, E.T., did you abandon the book or are you still reading it?

    Those of you who have seen the movie, have you read the book? I'd love to know how they compare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading it but then it was due and someone else in my class has it now. Can I correct you Jenny, no one has seen the movie because it hasn't come out yet. The three Lord of the Rings movies are The fellowship of the ring, the two towers and the return of the king. So, I can't compare it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite book by Tolkien. I think because Bilbo Baggins might be me, if I was both a hobbit and a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try this book. In the back of the book, The Lion,The Witch,and The Wardrobe it said C.S Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien were in this writing club.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I know, J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis were friends. Tolkien had come up with The Lord of the Rings series and Lewis was having a hard time writing a series.

    He eventually came up with The Chronicles of Narnia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! i think this book might be good for me! but maybe not just right for some people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it may not be just right for some people, but like jenny said "you can watch the movie and relate to the book" (Even though the movie hasn't come out)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also there are lots of interesting characters like Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf the Grey, Gollum, Aragorn and lots more!

    It is interesting how each character has there own power! For example : Gandalf is a wizard, Aragorn is a ranger, Gimli is a dwarf. See what I mean!

    I want to know what YOU think about this? Yes, you! The person who's reading this blog.

    -ET (the alien, guess why!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. E.T. please stay on book topic your getting out of topic so please stay on book talk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. E.T., Thanks! I thought there must have been a movie that I missed (as I don't get to see movies too often these days).

    Do you hope to finish the book at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have read this book twice, and you are making me want to read it again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really Mr.C, twice. Wow! You're a Lord of the Rings fan like me, B.K, Jenny and some other people. I would like to know your opinion on the book and not this movie but the other lord of the rings movies.

    I notice that in this book the main character is Bilbo Baggins and in the other movies the main character is like Frodo Baggins, Gandalf, Sam, Sauron, E.T.C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's see...well, there are three books, which makes it a trilogy, and they are quite good. The reading level is higher than "The Hobbit." I think I read them in 6th or 7th grade. So...there is a chance that they might be a bit challenging. Nevertheless, they are excellent. And remember Raqib? He read books that were a bit too hard for him, but he loved them and so they actually improved his reading.

    The films were pretty good, although they left out some of my favorite parts. If I were thinking about reading these or seeing the films, I would read them first. Otherwise, you might not form your own opinion about what the characters and scenes look like. Just my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen the fellowship of the ring and the two towers and the books describe Middle-Earth better than the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahhAHA
    If I'm not at school laughing, then I will be at home on blogger laughing. But I'm also admiring at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH!!! And when we were at the library, a bunch of people... I think, it was S.N., D.D. T.A., and other people. Were searching for the book like they're gonna DIE.
    "YAY! I found the book!"
    "Really? AWWww.*Wimpers.*
    "Nope, I was just joking!"
    "Hey!"
    *Laughs* *Laughs* *Laughs*
    And on, and on, and on.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was like a MOBBBBB. Literally, there was people tripping, screaming, joking, tricking, people piled on one another. It was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. But the book sounds REALLY interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's cool. I like the Hobbit it was a nice book.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.