Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Digging for Success

Hey Guys, it's me The Alien.

I want to recommend a book called Holes by Louis Sachar. It is about a boy named Stanley Yelnats who gets sent to a detention camp called Camp Green Lake, and this camp is not at all like summer camp! Stanley and the others must dig holes all day. The Warden says that digging holes helps build up character but Stanley knows that's a lie. Stanley must go through a lot at Camp Green Lake and must overcome Mr. Sir, a strict bossman, deadly lizards, vigorous holes, the mysterious K.B., and the teasings of his cabin mates. But when Stanley digs a very special hole, he finds an object that has the initials of K.B. Will Stanley solve this mystery?

Well, will he..........

6 comments:

  1. This is my second time reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi The Alien! I think you know me from my nickname. Well... anyway, i also read this book, but i forgot who K.B is anyway. I also liked this book, and i hope any readers will enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Minimax, of course I remember you. I don't mean to be a spoiler but K.B. stands for Kissin' Kate Barlow. Since you, Minimax, have read this book, I'll tell you. For those of you who have not read the book, pretend I never even posted this comment.

    -The Alien

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw the movie a thousand times!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also saw the movie. I gotta say, the movie is a whole lot better than the book because it has all that western talk and western things like the desert and cowboys and lots of other stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.