
Hey Guys, Im reading Stanford Wong Flunks Big Time by:Lisa Yee. Stanford just gotten an F on his final book report in Mr. Glick's English class and now he has to go to summer school instead of basketball camp. And if he doesn't pass the class, he'll fail the sixth grade and worse! He'll be kicked off the A-team, the best basketball team in the school. The basketball team that a sixth grader has never made before.Not only does Stanford have to endure summer school, but his parents have hired the annoying, geeky genius Millicent Min to tutor him. Stanford's grandmother is moving out of their house and into a retirement community (a change she's NOT happy about). Stanford's dad is working so much he's hardly ever around. When he is around, he's just yelling at Stanford about his grades.Obviously, this summer stinks.Stanford doesn't want to tell his friends (teammates on his park district basketball team The Roadrunners) that he flunked English, so he makes up a story about having a summer job. And when the his sweet and pretty Emily Ebers starts showing up with Millicent, Stanford worries that she won't like him if she knows he's stupid, so he tells Emily that he's the one tutoring Millicent. And after that, well, things just get way out of control.Stanford Wong Flunks Big Time is a great, great book to pick up . Once I started reading Stanford's story, I couldn't put it down. It was great to see him grow and change and to see the changes that happen to all of his friends, too. A lot can happen in one summer. The story's told in a diary-like kind of thing that really kept me turning the pages.What i aslo found interesting is that Lisa Yee wrote a couple of books about some of the oter charecters. She wrote So Totally Emily Ebers (I mentioned her) and Millicent Min, Girl Genuis ( I mentioned her too.) All by the AMAZING Lisa Yee. See you later bloggers
I LOVED THIS BOOK. IT IS AMAZINGGG!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey B.G I miss u any way I was going to check this book out when i was AT THAT SCHOOL!:(.
ReplyDeletei love this book i couldnt put it down!!!! Notice when i wrote it christmas colors any way its really funny he writes this book report about holes (which is another good book ill reccomed)and it looks like he wrote it on the way to class. im hoping to read millicent min and emily ebers it basically stanford wong flunks big time but told in the perspective of the charecters
ReplyDeleteThat made want to read that book. But really if i'm gonna read fiction... I gotta go with fantasy and graphic novels! For some reason, I don't like fiction. If you were wondering what I like. My favorite genre of books is Nonfiction!
ReplyDeleteAnd why is that, M.G.?
ReplyDelete