
This book is older than I am (and that is saying a lot). It remains one of my favorites and one I enjoy reading again and again. The author, E. L. Konigsburg has written many other wonderful books, but I think this is her best.
Claudia, who is almost 12, decides to run away because she feels unappreciated at home. But she has no money so she takes her younger brother, Jamie, along. They hide in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. I've always been jealous of them for that. It sounds like so much fun.
While hiding in the museum they become fascinated by the newest exhibit and begin to research it. This leads them to Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. The book has a bit of mystery in it about the exhibit, but mostly it is a tale of adventure for two kids living on their own.
The image is from the wikipedia page about the book. Be careful, the plot summary there gives away too much, in my opinion!
I agree with you. I LOVE this book because it is kind of like an adventure and there is a teeny weeny amount of information. For example, they talk about an artist names Michelangelo who was the one that created the angel (sculpture). I recommend the book to people who like how you live by yourself, plans, and fun stuff! Hope you read it.
ReplyDelete~B.K
Maybe I might check the book out. I have a question for you Jenny. How did the parents react when they found out that the girl and boy ran away?
ReplyDelete