I would like to recommend the book The Secret Garden by:Frances Hodgson Burnett. It is about this girl who lived in India and something bad happened and everyone died. So these people take her to this place to live. The place is really really old and the weather is really different from India. The person who owns the place is a professor who the girl barley sees. She soon starts wandering around the back yard of the big old house and sees how beautiful it is. At first she was really grouchy and had tantrums, now she is happier and more cheerful. She starts meeting new people and has a better life. Then one night she hears a cry of a boy and she finds out he is really sick and weak, but he really wants to see what the world outside looks like since he has only been in his room. The girl soon discovers this abandoned place and realizes it's a secret garden, but on one knows where the keys are. So its up to her to find where the key is.
I really enjoyed this book and hope u read it!
I think there's a movie about this book
ReplyDeleteI have a connection to the chronicles of narnia because there was a professor who was no where to be seen except in the end. I might want to try it.
ReplyDeleteNice connection E.T.!
ReplyDeleteThis book is good but when i read it last year, it was a little confusing with the language. The people had a really thick accent. But i hope you enjoy.
ReplyDeleteActually, she finds the key first and then found the door with help from and animal.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI mean from an animal.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good book!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI made a text to text connection with The Garden of Abulgazazi, like how the fat man lived in the huge house, and how Mary lived in a huge mansion.
I just want to gush because I love this book so much. All of your connections are so interesting. I would never have thought of connecting it to a fantasy book, but I think you are right. For Mary, the secret garden is a magical place.
ReplyDelete